Sunday, September 28, 2008

Doors and other things...

Mom of the Year moment: Yesterday, the girls and I were at home and I stepped out onto the back porch. I went out to fill up the dogs water. While I am waiting for the bucket to fill I hear the back door shut. No big deal, Cassidy had this thing about making sure all doors are shut. I finish with the water and go to the door, turn the knob, and can't get the door open...yep...Cassidy locked me out of the house. Now, if you are familiar with Cassidy you know that she likes to be outside. We live on a very busy road, so I have to keep the doors locked/deadbolted at all times so she doesn't get out when she is not suppose to. Well she apparently learned how to lock the deadbolt. So I look through the window of the door and see Cassidy looking at me. I say through the door, "Cassidy please open the door for Mama." She responds, "No, mama!" This goes on for about 30 seconds. Since it doesn't look like she is going to open the door I start thinking about how I am going to get into the house. I will a.) convince Cassidy to open the door, or b.) have to break into the house with as minimal damage as possible. So, I finally get the screen popped out of Cassidy's room and cram myself awkwardly through the window. To make matters worse, the entire time this is going on I can hear Cailin screaming because she is stuck in her high chair...yep...great day!
Apparently our high chair has magical powers of sleep!

Overall, things are going pretty well here in F-muth. Lucas is wrapping up soccer. He has two weeks left. He and Caleb are pretty excited about that...they enjoy coaching, but it makes for a long September. The girls and I have been busy. We joined a Wednesday morning bible study. I get to enjoy some time with other Moms and the girls get to play with other kids. It is a win-win situation. We also had our second MOPS/MOPPETS and it was quite fun. I enjoyed a lovely speaker about the adventures of motherhood. Cassidy and Cailin enjoyed some more kiddie time.



This weekend Lucas' friend got married and he stood up in the wedding. Unfortunately, children were not invited and family members were unavailable to babysit, so I stayed home with the girls. We had a nice Friday and Saturday. Friday we hit up a garage sale and scored big on winter pajamas. Then we visited with Abe and Shirley and got to hear about their trip to Portugal. (It was great!) Then Abe was kind enough to make us some delicious spaghetti. I took the girls home, gave them baths, read a few books, and put them to bed (only Cassidy wouldn't go to bed...that is entirely different story.) Yesterday (Saturday) we played outside and a did a little fall decorating. It was a beautiful day!

Cassidy in her jammies watching out the window.








No comments: