Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Snakes and other happenings!

Yesterday morning Cassidy comes up to me and says, "Mama, there is a dead snake in the hallway." She says this in a very serious tone with a a very serious look on her face. I had just walked through the hallway and had not seen any dead snakes. I ask her to show it to me, so we walk through the kitchen into the hallway and she points to the floor. I look and see a very small dead worm. Yup...just a dead worm.

Me: "Cassidy that is a dead worm. It isn't a snake."
Cassidy: "It is a snake, Mama." (this is said in a very exasperated tone! How could I think it wasn't a snak?!)
Me: "I'll pick it up and throw it away."

So I reach down, pick up the worm, and Cassidy proceeds to start shrieking, "put down the snake!" I tell her again that it is a dead worm and then throw it in the garbage. She continues to look at me incredulously. I still don't think she agrees that it was a dead worm, and I don't think she thought I was Super Mom for picking it up. :-)

In other news...HOLY SNOW!?! I think Mother Nature missed the memo that Spring had Sprung! We enjoyed a few days of semi nice weather and then get slammed with bitter cold, windy, and snowy days. Seriously? I am over it! Bring on the sunshine!

Cassidy will be starting a new spring class called Spring into Art. She loves to color and draw, so I am hoping that she will enjoy this class. It starts on Thursday and it is lead by the same teacher that did her Movin' & Groovin' class.

Well...that is all for now! Happy Easter!

No comments: