Tuesday, September 22, 2009

20 Things I Love about Fall

Admittedly, I am a summer girl at heart. Perhaps I prefer the warmth of the summer because I was born in the midsts of it. Perhaps I enjoy it because of my fond childhood memories of long summer nights, Higgins Lake, Grandma & Grandpa's house, sand, campfires, and did I mention Higgins Lake...

Summer continues to be my favorite time of year, but I find more things to love and enjoy during our other three seasons, and I have to admit I love that we enjoy (normally) four distinct seasons. So here it goes...my list of 20 things I love (and look forward to) about Fall.

1. Saturday morning snuggles under layers of cozy blankets
2. Crisp, clean fall air
3. Fall foliage: red, green, orange, yellow, brown
4. Apple cider
5. Cozy sweaters
6. Talking a walk through acres of crunchy leaves
7. Pumpkin farms
8. Fall decorations: pumpkins, corn stalks, hay bales, gourds...
9. Bonfires where you want to sit as close as possible to soak up the warmth
10. Fall camping
11. Picking apples
12. Soups simmering on the stovetop
13. Chili!
14. Slowcooker meals that make the entire house smell good!
15. Pumpkin pie lattes
16. Soccer season
17. M.O.P.S.
18. Holiday anticipation
19. Experiencing school for the first time with Cassidy
20. The mornings with just Cailin

There you have it. Happy 1st day of Autumn! May you have fond summer memories and anticipation for the coming season!

No comments: