Saturday, October 10, 2009

Busy, Busy October

Does seem as though everything is happening in October?! We have been busy, busy here on Holland Rd.

The first weekend of October I had the opportunity to travel to a Christian Moms conference in Grand Rapids. It is called Hearts at Home and it was a fabulous experience. I went with the Leadership team from the Morning MOPS group (I am the MOPPETS coordinator.). It was amazing being able to not only be a Mom but to also be Alicia. I was able to create connections with the other members of the leadership team, while participating in inspirational workshops. I have to say my favorite speaker is Dr. Kevin Leman. He is the author of The Birth Order book (as well as many more). Overall, it was a weekend of inspiration, friendship, and growth. It also made me realize that I need to take more time for myself...

This weekend Lucas is fishing with some college friends. I think they are salmon fishing...I am definitely happy I am home with the cold, dreary weather we have been experiencing. I think the high today is 48F...brrrrr!

This next week we are busy with appointments, preschool, soccer, and Family Fun Night @ St. Lorenz. Hopefully things will slow down a bit in the next couple weeks. It would be nice to have a little break before the busy holiday season starts (only 11 weeks until Christmas!).

Holiday To Do List: Gather addresses for holiday cards!

No comments: