Thursday, January 13, 2011

Project Gratitude - Day 12

I have to admit that these past days have been consuming. My heart breaks at the thought of the tragedy in Tucson, and yet I am disgusted that this tragic event has turned into a political circus. One victim is a Congresswoman, but the victims and their families need support and respect not politicians blaming each other. Tucson needs our prayers and support. We are sending our prayers.  

That being said, I have to express my gratitude for living in a small, close-knit community where violent crime is exceedingly rare. I know this may make me seem naive, I do know there is a harsh world that surrounds me, but I am so grateful that we live in a town where I feel safe to take my children to the park, walk down the street after dark, and leave my car unlocked in the driveway. We are certainly blessed by our little town.

No comments: