Friday, January 7, 2011

Project Gratitude - Day 9

There is a woman that came into my life when I met and married Lucas. Her name is Shirley. She is Lucas' aunt. He grew up with her and Abe always around. He spent a lot of time with them growing up. Now, he works for them. We spend a lot of time with these two amazing people.

Today (and everyday), I am grateful to have a woman like Shirley in my life. She is a caring, hardworking, loving woman. She is always doing something and sometimes I wonder if she every truly takes a break! I have enjoyed many memories with Shirley over the last several years, but my favorite moments are watching her with my children, especially Cassidy and Cailin. They adore her and she adores them. It is like a match made in heaven. If we are over to Shirley's house, I am not very high on the list of important people! My girls will go to Shirley every time. If I am dropping them off, I rarely get more than a wave as they walk in and start on a project. It makes me so thankful that they have that sense of security with someone else. I am thankful that they will learn things from Shirley that I am not very good at (like making pies...she makes the BEST pies).

I can't recall how many times Shirley has come over and helped with a myriad of projects. She has helped me paint, decorate, clean, garden, etc. She is simply amazing.

I am so grateful for amazing women in my life. Today, I am especially grateful for Aunt Shirley.

No comments: